Head First 2D Geometry
Having trouble with geometry? Do Pi, The Pythagorean Theorem, and angle calculations just make your head spin? Relax. With Head First 2D Geometry, you'll master everything from triangles, quads and polygons to the time-saving secrets of similar and congruent angles -- and it'll be quick, painless, and fun. Through entertaining stories and practical examples from the world around you, this book takes you beyond boring problems. You'll actually use what you learn to make real-life decisions, like using angles and parallel lines to crack a mysterious CSI case. Put geometry to work for you, and nail your class exams along the way.
Selected Review Quotes
"Head First 2D Geometry helps you learn that Plane Geometry doesn't have to be plain geometry. This book lets you see that Geometry is not only in the classroom, it is all around you and a part of your everyday life."
- Herbert Tracey, Instructor of Mathematical Sciences at Loyola University Maryland and former Department Chair of Mathematics at Hereford High School
"Head First did it again. The ability to make the reader understand, despite tricky topics really shines through in Head First 2D Geometry! The way the information is presented and organized makes learning cohesive and easy. Coming from someone who has struggled with many aspects of math in the past, this book helps you understand the basics and build on them. I wish I had this book when I was taking Geometry!"
- Amanda Borcky, College student
"Head First 2D Geometry is clear and readable while other textbooks drag students through a thicket of academic jargon. Head First has interesting examples, fun design, and a conversational style that the textbook industry would do well to emulate"
- Dan Meyer, High school math teacher and recipient of Cable in the Classroom's Leader in Learning award
"This book is a breath of fresh air. Each of the brilliantly illustrated chapters puts you in a different problem solving role, and leads you step by step in a real journey of discovery. Whether you're more into graphic design, skating or pizza, you'll be very quickly convinced of the relevance of geometry to your life."
- Jonathan Schofield, Civil Engineer
Why Does This Book Look So Different?
We think your time is too valuable to waste struggling with new concepts. Using the latest research in cognitive science and learning theory to craft a multi-sensory learning experience, Head First 2D Geometry uses a visually-rich format designed for the way your brain works, not a text-heavy approach that puts you to sleep.
(opens a new window)
(opens a new window)
Buy 2 books and get the third free! Use the coupon code OPC10 when you check out.
If you can answer "yes" to all of these, then this book is probably for you:
- Are you already pretty comfortable with algebra?
- Do you want to learn, understand, remember, and apply geometry concepts, and not just memorize formulas?
- Do you prefer fun, casual conversation to dry, dull, school lectures?
If your answer is “Yes” to any of these, then this book is not for you:
- Are you still struggling with solving for unknowns in algebra?
- Are you afraid of sketching, drawing, and using your hands to figure things out?
- Are you someone who’d rather just plug stuff into calculators or have someone give you the answers?
- Do you believe that a math book can’t be serious if there’s a rock concert in it?